Beauty Shop talk

I love going to the hair salon, I am always enlightened by my beautician and I always catch up on celebrity news and gossip with all her magazines. She tends to speak of when she was younger, thinner and cuter and how the boys in St. Louis would act and treat her because she lived in East St. Louis. In case you didn't know, as many do not, East St. Louis is in Illinois and across the bridge or water as they say, is St. Louis the city, and according to my beautician the two stayed in rivalry.

She also recaps her college years, as we graduated from the same school, was interested in the same sorority and led pretty similar lives. She would tell me how the kids would dress for class, in suits and dresses, as if they were going to an interview. Fraternities always had business suits on and the only time they had on "perry" was at a party or in their down time.

Oh how I wish that I could have grown up in a time where people actually cared about their appearance and men owned more than one "church suit." How when a woman dressed for summer class it was not booty shorts, a wife beater, fresh ones and a fresh head of micro braids but a nice sun dress, heels and flowing hair.

What type of children are we breeding these days? How can we get back to how it used to be?

Comments

i own 32 suites all tailored and 1.5 inch cuff, prefer canali and jos a banks so dont give up hope so enjoy this game recognize game

Popular posts from this blog

Tunnel Vision

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

In Thickness and in Health