Mommy Mayhem

Being a full-time Mom is a hard job!

I know you are thinking, what is a part-time Mom and where do I sign up? I mean no disrespect in my opinion, but let's just pretend that Moms who get to spend a significant time away from their kids are considered part-time Moms. They are able to get half of mind, not just a piece. They are able to catch a break from constant chaos, a much-needed conversation with someone of the legal age about something other than poop consistencies, Roblox purchases, and snacks that don't stain when spilled. They are privy to being addressed by their government name instead of their title and their attire includes, but is not exclusive to yoga pants and colorful crocs. 

Full-time Mommy-ing is a whole job. In addition to whatever job you might have. And don't let there be more than one child, then you're in quite a pickle. Most days I don't know whether I'm coming or going today or yesterday. Someone somewhere is always calling my name, in my head or maybe it's actually happening in real life. A cry is no longer an immediate emergency, these "alarms" are classified by pitch level and length of pause in between. Some may be false alarms, some may be warning alarms... some may be ignored by turning the television ten notches up. 

At the current moment, I am a Full-time Mom and a Full time working Mom. I am also what they would call a single Mom, a Mom that owns her own business, and a blogging Mom. I think that I enjoy this chaos more than when I was a SAHM (stay-at-home Mom), tending and cooking for my (now ex) fiance and our children. That, my friends, was the pits, let me just tell you. Don't do it to yourselves Moms. You do not want to stay at home with those little humans! You owe yourself at least one day a week to get dressed up in real clothes, put some lipstick on and have a drink with your girlfriends. You owe yourself one email in corporate America that shows your degree and intelligence. You owe yourself a separate identity from those you love most. EVEN though you're going to check on them twelve times during the hour that you're out, you still need to get rid of them every once or twice in a while. 

On the flip side, Working Mama's: Don't let your dream job keep you from living your dream life. Let's nurture, love, and care for these kids while they still call on us to do so. Take those Family vacations, shoot those embarrassing home videos, and use those sick days before they waste away. They accrue for a reason. If the pandemic taught us anything, it was to live your life to the fullest because the next day isn't promised, nor do you know what obstacles the future holds. Don't put off that trip to next year, go now while you're breathing semi-fresh air and your Passport is still valid.  

Trust me Mom, I know from first-hand experience that your job will not reward you for never taking an off day, so take it! Not only Because I said so, but because being a full-time Mom is a hard job and you deserve your flowers. Now go smell the ones that grow on the beach of Waikiki. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health