Shady Business

Okay I'm going to make a major generalization about people and their preferences and say "Light Skin people are more likely to be attracted to Dark skin people" and "'Dark skin people are more likely to be attracted to Light Skin people."

I am what I like to call light brown, some like to call me caramel. So that means I can go either way with my preference but anybody that knows me knows I like a high yellow tender but funny I'm falling hard for these brown like me boys... anyway why is it that people care so much about the shade of their date or mate?


If I can be so honest in saying I am only attracted to yellow men. If I see yellow skin from way yonder I will break my neck to see what his face looks like. And don't let him have colored eyes... (peep my boyfriend in the photo attached.) If I see a brown skin man I might scope him out if I see a dimple or something but a dark skin man could get no play from me unless his teeth are Colgate crisp and his pockets are hiccuping hundreds. It's sad but true... dark skin men can do nothing for me.

It's funny because my father (whom I love so dearly) is dark skin and my newest baby sister (whom I love so dearly) is chocolate but I'm light brown, my mom is yellow, my sister closest in age is yellow and 90% of my die hard crushes and exes have been yellow.

I have this discussion at work a lot with my much older supervisors and even though they joke with me about being a yellow lover, one man who is dark skin is married to what he calls a "high yellow broad," one woman who calls herself caramel even though she is lighter than me says her husband is "milk chocolate" and another woman who is so super bright skin says "the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice."

So clearly those busters are just as "racist" as I am but are too afraid to admit it. If you are light skin tell me what your preference is. If you are brown skin tell me what your preference is. If you are dark skin tell me what your preference is. I'm dying to know.

Comments

Unknown said…
Girl,I just like men!As a light bright,everyone I talk to is darker than me anyway. But I had a sexy chocolate, I had a little cuban, a caramel,all the colors of the rainbow so I don't have a prefernce.If you got hella swag, a cute smile&look like you got some money....shit,I'll holla @ u.U FEEL ME?!
I feel you, but that's you! You know me, and you know that you are way too yellow to be with another red bone. You need a Tyrese.
Lisa said…
LMAO at this post and at Veronica. I had this convo with my bf the other day and I was so gung ho about me preferring brown skinned men, but when I went back in my...collection, I realized that I've dated more light skinned men then brown. What does that mean? Am I lying to myself and others when I say I love a brown skinned man?!
Yes Lisa, definitely denial. You should be with a light skin man but whatever makes you happy my dear.
Anonymous said…
Although my gaze is magnetically pulled toward dark chocolate, I much rather prefer a rich personality.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health