Why I love 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta'

I know the good Lord will strike me down for saying this, but I love the new season of Love & Hip Hop Atlanta. There are many many reasons why I should not but the reason why I do far exceeds any social standard or racial disgrace. I love it simply because I can relate.

Not many of you know this but I have an seriously dysfunctional relationship with my child's father. It is so bad that we can not stand to live in the same state because all we do is fuss and fight. We hate each other immensely but we have a child together so we are forced to interact from time to time. He started off as a bad boyfriend that I should have deaded in the beginning but you know how those bad boys are so he turned into my bad baby daddy, and now here we are. Now this is the clean version but chop it up and screw it round and you have Stevie J and MiMi. If that relationship ain't a dirty mirror image of us, my name ain't what it is.

Now for those of you who know me, the ONLY difference between she and I is that I'm not weak. Well not confrontationally weak. We may share the same weakness in no good men but I will be an ugly monkey's uncle if I let a skeezer disrespect me in my face, behind my back, through the telephone... uh un, no way, it ain't gone happen. SOMEbody, SOMEwhere is leaving this b!+ch with a strong right to the nose.

A lot of people are boycotting the show, doubting it's authenticity and relevance but I live in Atlanta, I see with my own eyes how serious the music industry is to these people and how these h0e$ will do ANYTHING to get on. So the stripper turn artist, sexing for a single Joseline is real every day of the week. We all know the weak minded baby mama who can't let go of a bad thing MiMi is real. And the wanna be somebody who is actually a nobody producer in the middle of this love triangle is real. What's funny is that I told my daughter's father that we are them and he says "No I met Stevie J and he is a womanizer." All I could say is "Negro you are too!"

Baybee, I am shaking my head at how this shows warms my soul. Ask my roommate, I be knowing what they gonna say before they say it. Sad case of the 'I been there, done thats' but I have to say, it is such a relief to see if happening right before my eyes and I thank VH1 and that terrible black producer lady for finding this gutter piece of news and displaying it on national television for me to relish in. Until next episode...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health