I ♥.... (pronounced I heart)

This week I ♥ sleep
One can never have too much sleep... or could I?
Last week was Alpha Week and for those of you who do not know, I am THE ALPHA girl of the Beta Eta chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha and their slogan of "No Sleep During Alpha Week" could be no closer to the truth. I honestly raked in about 12 hours out of sleep during the whole week and I have yet to make up for lost zzzzzz.

I ♥ Haters
My mother dear was hating so hard because Wednesday our system shut down at work and we could do nothing but answer the phones and tell people that "our system was down, call back later" for three hours straight! Don't hate Mom, so I texted her that I was coloring in my coloring book to stay busy and she asked why I had a coloring book and said that she hoped I work double time the following day. Hahaha gotta love those haters!

I ♥ miniature Baby Ruth's
Yummy in my tummy but yikes on the pearly whites. I have found a new favorite chocolate... last month it was reese cups, who knows what next month will bring but man Baby Ruth's are so darn good. Go grab one if you haven't had one in a while.

And lastly for this week of ♥'s I have to say I ♥ peer pressure.
My supervisor asked me if I wanted to play softball for a Relay for Life fundraising that my job is hosting this Friday. Before she even finished her sentence I was shaking my head and raising up my hands. "Do you see these nails," I asked. "These are not the nails of a ball player." So she moved on to the next row of people but not before saying it'll be fun... Andrea and Marquetta are playing. Note those are 2 of the 5 Black girls/people in the building so what she was really trying to say was get in where you fit in little black girl. So I fell in line and signed up... thanks for the Peer pressure Ms. supervisor, it just might be fun.

Comments

Don said…
Hahaha gotta love those haters! cute.

that lady was trying to get some strong black sistas on her team. i don't blame her. lol.
Man forget that lady... had me paying money to break my nails and strike out. But it was a little fun.
Eb the Celeb said…
I used to hate haters too... until I saw Kat Williams stand-up... that was too funny...

so now... I just let the haters hate... they have a job to do too

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health