"I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you"

I stole this quote from SHOEGAL, as I will steal a few more in the future, simply because it was so funny yet so true.

You know how you see someone and you be like "yuck who would date him" or as my cousin would say "he look like his breath stank" but hopefully all of those assumptions or pre-judgments dissolve when you finally get to know the person. But how about when you have great expectations about someone and they totally spin your positivity and you feel stupid for ever giving them the benefit of the doubt?

You would prefer to have NOT met them because your how you envisioned is so not how they turned out, so you just gotta be real and say "I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you."

Point in case, Black American Studies was my minor in college, anyone who knows me know that I love Black people, so when I see Black men in a Black American Studies class, or in any class for that matter, it makes my heart smile. This is until they always come late to class, dressed in a wife beater and pajama pants, texting their little fingers off. *tisk tisk, I think, as I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you*

How about seeing a cutie at the bar who comes close to my friend to say "Man I'm too hot... is it because you're next to me." He asked my friend (who is a total meanie) why she didn't laugh at his joke and she said "because it wasn't funny," me on the other hand could not stop laughing. *tisk tisk, I'm sure she will always cherish the initial misconceptions she had about him *

How about when a lanky white boy walks up a little too close to me as I'm sitting my cute little tush on top of the picnic table. I initially think "this drunkard is finna crack me up" until he opens his mouth to tell me that he thinks it would be good for me to get off the table. I say and "why" and he said "because they (the bouncers) are going to make you do it in a minute." I say "and how do you know that" and he said "because I work here." I chuckle and say "you don't look like you work here, where is your ID" only for him to say "my ID has nothing to do with this... HEY BRIAN" he hells to one of the bouncers. Can you believe this lame? He straight tricks on me and causes "Brian" who had already saw me siting on the table, to ask me to get up. But it's cool, I will always cherish the initial misconception I had about him.

Comments

lanky white boys and cute lil tush dont belong in same sentence

ps - i used to teach an african history class at Ga Tech (700 to 1500 ace)
Oh really... do you still teach, do you still live in Ga?

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health