Oh the things you'll see...

So I have officially been in Georgia for one and a half weeks and I am honestly amazed. Things are much funnier and country-er here and I think it's going to take me a while to get used to everything.

On my second day here my roommate took me downtown Atlanta to meet my Father because it was his birthday. While waiting to hear from him, she and I went to the Underground Mall. Inside of Underground was a resturaunt called Johnny Rockets, and inside of Johnny Rockets worked a country gentleman whose name escapes me at the moment... but so we were eating there for the first time so it takes a little while for us to figure out what we want so he reads over the menu with us to try and assist our choosing. 

For the St. Louis Burger (which is what we ended up getting) he introduces it as the St. Lunatic burger. I said that I wanted an orange Fanta to go with that and he repeats "shawty you wanna urrang phone-tuh" only for me to say, No I want an orange Fanta.

So then we go to a little strip mall on Peachtree and this man looks all in Lisa's face and says "Baby you got some lips on you" when we just bypassed a hideous looking young man who said we could not pass him until Lisa rubbed his belly. I mean what is really going on in the streets of Atlanta?

Needless to say, I didn't get to see my Father that day but to make it up to him, I joined him for church the next day. I asked my roommate to join us but she said she disliked the atmosphere of that particular church we were going to, so that left my Father, myself and Pastor Creflo Dollar. And oh what am atmosphere it was. I have to say I learned a little bit and I laughed a lot bit. He should become a comedian for really dough.

So how about a general jist of the city... why do people cry about Atlanta being so crowded during rush hour when there are SIX LANES? Not three like a much heavily populated Chicago but six! And one of them be straight moving because its the HOV (carpool) lane so come on people car pool and stop complaining!

How about the names of stores being exactly what they are: braiding, barber, tires, etc. Can you all be any more creative? U-turns are legal but with the same stores on every long country block why would you need to U-turn? Just pull on up to the next block and I promise you there will be a dollar store, nail shop, restaurant, braid shop and tire shop, guaranteed! 

So that was all the first week happenings... now on to the second which can be summed up in six words: no one in ATL is from ATL. I have not met a single person who was born and raised in Georgia , everyone migrated here in the last couple of years. 

How come my roommate and I go to the club to "juke" which is the Chicago word for getting down dancing all night... but the DJ steady playing NOTHING but crunk music: T.I. this, Shawty Lo and Ludacris that, a dash of Lil Wayne and a touch of Plies. But we continued to dance to whatever they played until they said where Chicago at, played a mili second of some R.Kelly then flipped it quick to some get on my level lets jump around in the club.

I was totally taken aback so I told my roommate that they were watching us saying whatever them Chicago girl's really feeling switch it up quick... they even cut off Kayne's part of "I put on." I mean who does that? It's a shame how they hate on "the city of the midwest, the best city in the whole wide wide world." Say it Lupe ~>

Comments

welcome sister
u should stop by my store for dogs

572 edgewood across from thumbs up by Big Boi's of outkast wife store P valentine shop # is 404 228 5497
ps: on fridays from 7 to 8pm we have dogday afternoons, free wine (people) and dog food(not for the people) u can see my shop when i first opened it here
ganked
Thanks for the invite Torrance, I will mapquest it asap!
Don said…
Funny post. Seriously funny, cause you nailed ATL like a mugg. I think after you get used to the atmosphere it will grow upon you. Then again, you're from the CHI, which is on a whole 'nother level itself.

Also, you think Underground is something now, you should have seen it before all the new stuff took place. LOL.

I like the daddy's girl within you, aerialm.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health