All her love - Donell Jones

"She gives me all her love but only half the time" - Donell Jones

Which would you rather have? All a person's love half the time or half a person's love all the time?

Listening to that old Donell Jones song had me thinking about people who would rather settle for less from one person than find a new someone who can complete them. But if you didn't have that option to find another, would you want to secretly share someone by accepting the fact that you're getting all their love but only half the time. Or would you openly share someone by accepting half their love all the time?

I think it's a very valid question to ask with so many people creeping around, laying up and accepting open relationships. Who are we really hurting when we allow someone to be with us and whomever else they choose? Doesn't everyone deserve to be happy? You can't be too happy taking this route for much longer.

We have to want more and demand more for ourselves. I whole heartily believe that sharing a person that you love and accepting their lies is a form of disrespect and its shows a lack of confidence. So once you respect and believe in yourself, you will allow no one to disrespect you.

Donell had it bad...

"A secret rendezvous, just to spend time with you
Girl, I need you in my life
She's got a man, another situation
I understand that's how it's got to be
Ain't trying to cause her no complications
I'd walk away, but I'm in too deep

She promised me that it would take some time
But she would leave him alone
And the thought of her loving only me
That's the thing that keeps me strong

She gives me all her love
But only half the time
Still it's more than enough
To keep my hope alive"

Could you be in these shoes?

Comments

i love all the way or not at all and i cant hald do shit, like with my kids

chk these songs when u can jones

Van hunt - seconds of pleasure
chrisette michele - if i had my way
Don said…
Good topic, A.

Me personally if I really cared about a woman with all my heart there is absolutely no way that I can stand to not enjoy ALL of her. I imagine I'd go thru the motions which you and the song speaks of ... but eventually our relationship would fall short.
Don said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don said…
sidebar: stunner Underground photo @ the bottom of page.

Both beauty & brains - and you know this, mane.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health