My race and my gender

The line to vote was long but not as long as it could have been. I was trippin' out when the people in the line did not want to go all the way to the door to move the line because there was no where for them to sit. So instead of moving ahead in the hallway in the heat and not having a seat for about 3 minutes they would hold the line so they can go across the hallway from seat to seat keeping innocent voters outside in the cold. The line is not only about you people, how could you all be so rude? And to make it so bad it was two rude, lazy, trifling, inconsiderate black women doing it. 

And speaking of rude, why is it that people are nice to people who are rude and rude to people who are nice? I remember my freshman year of college when my meany roommate and I were on an elevator and I asked everyone which floor they were going because I was closest to the buttons and no one answered me so my mean roommate started talking about how some people on the elevator stunk and she was blatantly being rude which led to the people being nice to her and mean to me. I believe it was because they were scared of her. She held a threat to them so out of fear they chose to be nice to the one who could hurt them and mean to the one who was nice to them. Little do/did they know, the one who talks the most rarely ever does anything.

I heart black women for being so courageous and confident. They are truly the backbone of our household and community but dammit if I see one more black woman in public with either her pajamas on with a hair net, silk scarf and or bonnet on top of some big pink ass rollers I'm gonna have to... 

Mumble under my breath, roll my eyes and revert back to this blog entry.

The ONLY reason why women of color do that is because we think we are the biggest and baddest you know what's and can't no body beat us. I mean we have no shame in our game which is all too quickly being mistaken for us having no tact.

I hate to say it but I am embarrassed every time I see a woman obviously older than myself doing something I know I would not do. But don't get me wrong family, I have done it before... but I was in a desperate need for some one on one action with my beautician so I didn't have a head full of rollers but I'm sure I had on a hair net or two when I used to wear those greasy wraps.

But back to our regularly scheduled program... when I say I don't give two you know whats about what people think and say about me, you can bet your bottom dollar that I really don't give a you know what. I was indirectly taught these lessons by the oh so wonderful but weak women in my family who do care about what people think and tend to let unimportant people like their replaceable boyfriends run their lives. So in an example of pity, I swore to never be like them, to always control any situation that I am in and to never let what people say make or break my next stride.

I believe that there are so many women that think like me which is why we have a world full of head wraps wreck less jumbo sized hair rollers and women who think they can do what they want to do but let me jump on the loud speaker and say THE PUBLIC IS NOT YOUR PRIVATE! Please consult the nearest friend, family member or mirror before walking out of the house because when you look like that black woman, you are us. So thanks but no thanks because I would not like to be portrayed as such. 

Comments

"Folks" most definitely don't have home training! I'm not sure when I'm stopping by but when I do... lol
Kofi Bofah said…
A few degrees away - but you might enjoy this:

My Chicago Election Day Diary

This one also:

She is Just Not That Into You

Yup.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health