Healthy Relationships


Let's talk about something that everyone needs, no not a big house, a fast car and a couple stacks. I'm talking about a healthy relationship.

A healthy relationship is one that you take knowledge and wisdom from. One that you have patience and interest in. One that does not mislead or steer you in the arms of evil. Believe it or not, I'm directly speaking of platonic relationships.

What happened to that group of girls that you used to have in grammar school. The group that consisted of one of your family members, the girl from around the corner, the girl across the street, the girl who lived in the suburbs, the new girl and yourself. What happened to the lets walk to and from school together, take up for each other in any event and vow to never take each other's man. The good old days...

Well now your group consists of you, your home girl from around the way and this girl you really can't stand but have no other choice to be friends with because she is the cousin of your girl from around the way and she always seems to be around your way. Well how does this relationship of convenience help your growth and everyday cope with life? Where is that backbone from people like you and that reality check from people in your group that are not like you? 

If we surround ourselves with people who we do not want to be surrounded by, we are only hurting ourselves. Cheating ourselves out of a great experience in life, loving others and knowing that you are loved. There is no better feeling than that, for that is the only true love to me. Loving a boyfriend is never true love to me because boyfriends come and go, loving family members is never true love because you love them no matter what, simply because they are family, so that only leaves your friends. 

"What about yo' friends" -TLC "Will they stand their ground, Will they let you down, again?" 

Take this time to rethink the group of friends you have because you are definitely the company you keep so make sure you're keeping the right one's, ultimately doing the right thing for you! I suggest a person of the opposite sex, my best friend is a male and he gives the honest truth at all times, he helps me with my opposite sex relationships letting me know what is and what is not acceptable and he will never hate on me and send me off so he can come up, that is true love! Now go form a healthy relationship!

Comments

Faith said…
OMgosh, I love this! I can totally relate and I share the same sentiments. Finding a core group of true friends is so not easy to do like it was back in the day. But I consider myself blessed. My bestfriend is also a male and I've learned so much from him. He recently got married this year, so I have to share him now, which sucks, but our friendship remains solid. My girl bestfriend is more like a sister to me than anything. The three of us are unstoppable! I thank God for them. Nice blog!
Hey Faithe, nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I'm glad you liked the entry.

I have a male bestfriend and a female bestfriend. I am closer to my male than I am the female even though I have known her longer, there is nothing like an honest male's perspective.

Popular posts from this blog

Tunnel Vision

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

In Thickness and in Health