Are you Assertive or Ashamed

Are you assertive or ashamed?
Would you rather be just too-much or just too timid?
Do you have enough self esteem?

I had a conversation with someone who I knew didn't have any self esteem when I first met her. She used to blow up her significant others' phone when she wasn't around him, used to look a hot mess when she was around him and then when she felt competition... she backed down and bowed out. I thought this person could never last in my world. My world filled with fire, drive and determination. She does not hold these qualities, did she ever?

In the conversation, she explained how she did but in her last marriage her husband put her down and killed her self esteem so that now she doesn't even look in the mirror when getting dressed. How sad, how sad?

I, 12 years younger, had to school her on building and holding her self esteem, respecting herself so that others will respect you and of course strutting your stuff as if it is the best, the last, the only!

How could one let themselves fall like that? I mean I had a few slips but I've never fell!

Incident #1 Always dress to impress.
I saw my industry love Trey Songz at the airport last month, we made eye contact, he said hello, I said hello, then as I shashayed past he said that I smelled good. Now my whole purpose was to walk by as if I didn't want him to be my baby daddy... but his comment, although sweet, made me realize that maybe if i looked a little better he would have instead said that I looked good. I was cute, but I was not stunting like I should have been... so better luck next time, one should always dress to impress.

Incident #2 Have no preference, stunt regardless of the circumstance.
Kesan (from season one of G's to Gents) tried to holla at me in the club but i had glasses on, looking like a nerd because my man thought that would take some of the attention off of me... it didn't but I didn't feel as if I was up to par because glasses in the club is lame but honestly I've been getting more play in the last week with my glasses on than a month worth with my glasses off so maybe my perception of beauty is not what the people who are jocking for me thinks beauty is. Better luck next time, one should stunt regardless of the circumstance.

Incident #3 Stand firm in your decision.
My roommate and I are no strangers to the club, so anyone who goes out knows that there will be some men who look you up and down that likes what they see and there will be some women who look you up and down that dislike what they see. You should not let either of these two instances stop your next stride.

It's a known fact that when you look someone up and down in the club, the airport or any large setting it makes them look down at whatever it is that you just looked at looking for whatever the problem might or might not be. This is an act of their self esteem lowering because they are now rethinking themselves and their choice for the night. I've been victim to this once or twice when I was not too firm on the outfit of the night then when a got "up and downed" I felt even more unsure. This should never happen, you should be firm in a pink tutu and a brown bathing suit top.

I always think of it like this, the floor is a runway and you must work-it-girl! Better luck next time, one should always stand firm in their decision.

So I ask these questions once more:
Are you assertive or ashamed?
Would you rather be just too-much or just too timid?
Do you have enough self esteem?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health