Snow Days


I remember when I was in grade school and the snow was up to my waist. There was no sun, no thought about it, just snow. Wintertime Chicago is nothing to play with.

Now I'm an adult. In Georgia. And four inches of snow is a snow day. Am I happy? No. I need to get out. I need to work. I need food. Lord knows I can't cook, I eat out everyday!

I was cooped inside the house for three and a half days. I was through after the first day believe me. I know that I will not be in this state for too much longer because it's ridiculous how that little bit of snow was not dealt with, became ice and caused the shutdown of a city, road blocks, accidents and the cancellation of 1400 flights in just one day. Sick and sad this state of Georgia is. Just sick and sad I tell ya.

Comments

Unknown said…
They need to invest in at least a few salt trucks. I pray for 4 inches of snow on a regular day.smh.Good Luck.
I am tempted to post the picture that you sent me of your block. It was off the chain compared to our few inches.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health