Youth is overrated

I can't wait to get old.
It will be then when I won't give a shit.
By that time I should have deleted all non sense out of my life and the few to remain should be grandchildren who I won't give a shit about fussing at because they will be mine. I will move slower and be proud to do so because then and only then will I be able to evaluate things more, see things in a more appreciative light.

I can't wait to get old.
All the things I do now will wear on me then... like partying maybe because that is the only thing I do in access. And even that I have slowed down on. Hmmm what will pain me when I get old? Won't be drinking, smoking or doing drugs because I don't. Oh! How about texting and typing on this very computer. Yep one day in the not so near future my writing exploits will trouble me :) And I am oh so ok with that.

I can't wait to get old.
Because then I will be wiser. My children and grandchildren will come to me with their problems and if I care enough I will partake in a few "in my days" and I will school them just as my grandparents have done me. Too bad all of my grandparents died before the real q&a years of college but I have a few memories that can applied to any age.

I can't wait to get old.
I will be cool, with smokey gray hair that I will not attempt to hide. A sprinkle of wrinkles that will not show my age but instead my experience. A heart that has built up love just waiting for my grandchildren. Just as it is waiting for my first child now. And before that, marriage. And before that happiness. And before that love. I guess it's here that I start my journey into "the old." I hope I don't fail myself.

Comments

udo said…
Love it!
I feel the same way.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health