When is Father's Day again?

Oh how I love my father.

I went to Chicago last week to visit my family and my cousin Jimmie began to remisinsce about how much of a Daddies girl I was. Everyone says (and I definitely remember) that when it would be time for my mother to pick me up I would show my tail in the middle of the street. Well on this occasion cousin Jimmie spoke of a time when my mother was showing out in the streets so my Daddy muffed her, she fell to the sidewalk crying, he picked me up and we walked away. Now we would think a normal child would cry for their mother especially since she's laying on the sidewalk, but my cousin said I just yelled "Bye Mommy," waved and left happily with my father.

These days are not much different. Although I love my mother dearly, I would rather live in Atlanta, right under my father, than back in Chicago near my mother. It's just something about him that lifts my spirits like no one else can.

As many times as he has fell asleep on me during our father daughter movie nights, volunteered to pick me up from work and showed up late and invited his irritating baby momma along to our father daughter dinners, he has equally taken care of me when I was sick, gave me money just because and straightened out a few boyfriend troubles.

There should be more than one fathers day because fathers like mine, don't come around too often.

Comments

Shari said…
It is definitely a blessing to have your father actively involved in your life especially during these trying times. I hope you both continue to uplift each other and enjoy many many more father/daughter dinners.
Thanks Auntie. We haven't dined since the twins arrived because they cry too darn much but soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health