Proper Guest Etiquette

There is a such thing as guest etiquette my dear friends but I don't believe any of you know how to use it. Sure everyone knows that you should ask before doing almost anything in someone else's home but what if you are a regular? What if this home was your home away from home? Do you think that the rules no longer apply to you? No? Well you're wrong.

No matter how many times I go to my "in laws" I always put my coat, bag and daughter's things in one particular spot in the living room by the door. Although they sometimes take my coat and hang it up, I personally do not like to go into people's closets to insert or retrieve anything because once something is out of place, you're the first person they look at. Not at all implying anything bad towards my "in laws" because I love them and enjoy their company BUT it is there home and I am a guest so I act as such.

Did you know that you should take your shoes off when you coming into someone's home with white carpet or in the home of someone with small children? Ok sure you did but did you know that is it utterly rude to walk into a home where people are already congregating and not speak to everyone?

Wanna know what really grinds my gears? People who take showers at other people's homes and washes their bodies with those people's bar soap. How disgusting!? You are to use liquid soap, you filthy guest. No one knows what these people or you for that matter, do in your unseen quiet time so using someone's personal hygienic items is hitting way below the belt. If there is no liquid soap, get yourself a good squeeze of that dish liquid and lather up.

Lastly, it is very improper to be a guest in someone's residence, come at dinner time and eat them out of house and home. If they make a small plate, you should make a small plate. Your plate should never exceed weight or circumference of the home owners. That's just plain rude. This is a topic that certain people should research further to learn the ropes way before staying at someone's home because improper guest etiquette is very tacky and it causes you to be their guest one time and one time only.

Comments

Cara said…
That is so true, I need to print and post at the front door .
Love ..... Cara
Lol thanks and make sure you post it in bold letters.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health