Moonlight Shadow

When I was a sneaky little teenager, my Father told me that, "No matter if it's done in the dark, nothing is secret, there is always someone who sees you." I have always believed him when he said that and I am now applying that to my adult life, and other adults in my life for that matter.

Last week I saw a friend, a friend that I can tell anything to and not think twice about the security of the information. A friend that I would call on for advice or help or just to make me laugh. It is a male friend, one that I see as just that. I'm going to talk a little slang on the next part so hopefully you keep up.

Ok so we kickin it, laughing, having a good time when all of a sudden he tries to get all slippery on me. I had to readjust my face and pull back the reigns. Whoa whoa whoa... ummmmmm? First of all no. Secondly, what would make you think...? And third of all but certainly not in order of importance, I am a single mother! All frivolous activity have come to a complete halt. Everything I do, I do for a reason now, this ain't no Chuckie Cheese and there will be no courtesy coins dispersed.

He understood, as I knew he would but I couldn't help but think if I did something wrong. Did I in some way bat my eye lids a little too tough because clearly he thought everything was good in the hood. WELL IT AIN'T! And that goes for all of my homeboys, ex boyfriends and future passer byers. This happy meal is NOT for free, it comes with a small fry and the toy is not to be played with. Feel me?

Comments

Versatile said…
I heard that. Lol. I told a female friend of mine the same thing last week. U know me having a son an all. This ainght the freeday at great america, I mean I know the ride looks fun and all but it cost. #TeamShitCost.
SMH. Every time I read your comment I laugh simply because I can hear you saying it. Thanks for commenting Verse.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health