A side of Baby Mama, hold the drama

Just a few years ago, I would cringe at the term "baby mama,"
Today, I embrace it.
It is what it is and I am who I am. 
You have to live your life and roll with the punches.
I never thought I'd be a baby mama. I'm more of the wife, fiance, girlfriend type.
Or so I thought.
Life is just not the fairy tale you dream it to be when you are eight years old in your big cousin's tiara and your mother's high heels.

I wish I could go back.
I would say "self," my self would say "huh."
And then I would lay it on thick... "Little Aerial, these boys only want one thing and one thing only.
Your heart!
So they can break it." Can I get an Amen?
"Protect yourself little Aerial. Protect your cookies. Protect your heart.
Or else be the best baby mama you can humanly be, like me."

I love my baby. Love her to the death. Do you hear me?
I am with her every single day! She needs for nothing. And once she start to talk, she will ask for nothing. Well maybe a cookie here and there but I work from home, so that I can be with her and cater to her every need. I change every diaper. Make every bottle.
Rub her little hands as she fights her sleep.
Smell her stinky little toes as I slide them out of my ribcage at night.
If I'm not my babies mama, then who the hell am I?
There is no one else I'd rather be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health