When turning 30 isn't flirty or dirty

Almost two weeks ago I turned 30 years of age.

I didn't plan to do anything to celebrate for a number of reasons but mainly because I had a child one month ago. I was able to have a nice children free dinner with my man which was nice but just turning another year is celebration enough especially coming from the city currently known as Chiraq. I hate that word, although it was created in pure truth, it is still ignorant to no avail and 50% the people glorifying the name are outsiders laughing far away from the dangers of Chicago and the other 50% are the culprits that necessitate the name change. But I digress... I'm 30!

I have a girlfriend whose birthday is the same day as mine and she celebrated her "dirty 30" in Miami among family and friends. Another friend who just celebrated her "flirty 30" yesterday and another friend's birthday was two months ago... all these women partied and dance and drank their tumultuous 20's away. But what if turning 30 isn't flirty or dirty? Then what rhyming word is left?
Well, whatever it is, I'm happy to be it.

Until next milestone. 

Comments

Don said…
Happy Belated and congrats on the new addition to your fam.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

In Thickness and in Health

Has our luck ran out?