The Second Baby Blues

I come to you all humbled and with extreme admiration for women who have more than one child. Wow. I never thought it would be so... I don't want to say hard and scare the women but HARD. Being a mom of two is definitely time and brain consuming. I can think of nothing more than what my toddler needs now and what my newborn will need later. And oh my goodness, to the single mothers out there, you really need a monthly award because I couldn't imagine doing this without the assistance of my man.

First off, this pregnancy, this delivery, this second child is NOTHING like the first.
My first pregnancy was a breeze, I gained a little baby weight which shed instantly after my natural non complicated delivery because I breastfed for nine months. THIS kid here, smh, pregnancy was a nightmare, I gained all the pounds possible, I had to have an emergency c-section, I could only breastfeed for three weeks and I still have weight that I couldn't possibly blame on the baby because he's 10 pounds by him lonesome.

Other than all that, having a new baby boy is so wonderful. He's beautiful, he's soft and cuddly and he's mine (and his Dad's). I may have went through the second baby blues but I really do love my new addition and once I post him, you'll love him too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health