Poetry anyone?

I always knew that I would be a journalist or a writer of some sort because my interest in words are beyond a mere crush. Shout out to my lyrical cousin Bonquesha bka Candice Nikole, for she is truly a concoction of vernaculars.

I would like to share with you all some of my poems that I wrote while I was a teeny bopper. I went to three very different high schools so that means three different perspectives on growing up, life and "love"... and you gotta love teenage love so here we go ~>

All that I can't say
There are so many words I can't say
when I look into your eyes
Maybe you'll reject me 
and shatter all my pride
Each day my love grows stronger
but I wont let you know
There's way too much behind my smile 
that I can never show
I'd hold you for a lifetime
if only you'd take my hand
Leave trails of our relationship 
in the pale and gritty sand
Yet every time I see you
you're on holding on to her
The pain cuts like a dagger
creating wounds that never cure
So I'll just dream of us together
of how good it could be
And I will contain the secret love 
that you could have had with me.  

All thanks to Don for Deeper and Deeper, your blog inspired me to dig in the crates (literally I store my old notebooks in retired milk crates). I might just make a poem page just like you :) hehe

Comments

Don said…
Thanks aerialm.

Im not sure if the comment I just made posted or not. I was saying thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate them.

Your poem definitely speaks of a teenage crush. Its a cute poem. Very assured yet content on sitting back, in admiration.

Im curious to know - did you ever let dude know what you were checking for him?


Each day my love grows stronger
but I wont let you know
There's way too much behind my smile
that I can never show


Definitely a teenage love. LOL.
Don said…
Oh yeah, are you currently doing any journalism?
Who knows which boy that was honestly... but I'm pretty bold so I would bet that I did eventually tell whoever it was.
Anonymous said…
amandam -"You just do you, umma do me".

Well daughter I must say I have always known you would turn out as you said "perfect"!. What young adults don't realize is that parents are always trying to give their kids (1) a path to a morally clean conscience. (2)a better chance at life then they have. and (3) the choice to learn how to make decisions...right or wrong. Love in any family from whomever is always a key to success and you are blessed to have it ALL around! That is why you hear comments from mentors; peers and the newly met that it's something about you that is pleasant (in other words Different). Trust me; their is nothing wrong with not following the crowd! LOVE
Don said…
@ aerial: I feel you. Only so long before you had to release, right?

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health