Sweet tooth

I am not only an American Beauty with brown hair and brown eyes 
My identity lies somewhere between my grade school pom-poms, to the left of my favorite baby phat jeans and slightly below the chocolate in my eyes
It's my lips that guides the crowd, a go getter on any occasion. 

You know me? Do you really? When I don't even know myself
Listen
Can't you hear the insecurity in my unsure answers?
Sniff this
Do you smell the fear in my heart?
Open wide
Can you taste the real flavor thats hidden deep down and underneath?

Maybe I'm not aerialm
I'm not who you want me to be
I'm not wearing the mask that you wanna see
I am me! 
By way of what comes out of these vibrant lips
It's my chocolate words. 

Comments

Don said…
Sounds like a little girl @ heart.

Whatever you do...protect that essence.
Yeah this is another old poem... i haven't written poetry in years.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health