The lie that just won't die

You know I always hated lying.

Even when I was a young lad, I felt it necessary to show people the true me, i.e. fessing up to stuff that I got caught in and trying to tell you in the most respectable way possible that I was going to do what I wanted to do regardless of what you say. That attitude got me into a lot of trouble especially when it came to rules and boys.

But there is one thing I learned while being honest at a young age... it is well respected by people of all ages. I mean I was young but I wasn't dumb! I definitely can not say the same about these kids today! My brother for instance, will lie the clothes off of his back! But he's not good at it so he always gets caught. And boy does he ALWAYS get caught... lol.

It's like he would start a small lie that would be the size of a mothball and it would just tumble weed out of control and become the biggest lie unnecessarily. Why not just tell the truth in the first place? I mean look at it this way: if you tell the truth the first time at least it is out of your system, you will rightfully get in trouble and you won't have to worry about starting an elaborate lie that you might screw up in the end because you forgot a part or two. Versus creating a lie that just won't die... digging yourself a deeper hole to fall into and making your punishment worse than it really should be.

Ray Charles' mother said it best: "Scratch a liar. Find a thief..." and you don't wanna be known as a liar and a thief so tell the truth the first time and save yourself the drama. Who are you scared of anyway? I always equated a liar to a coward myself because you are afraid to tell the truth in fear of what that person might say or do to you but if you were your own person you would know that a person will take you for what you are.. liar and all if they really want you. I say they are either going to take you flaws and all or leave you so tell the truth be a player... but don't lie about it! Especially if you are not good at it like my little brother and other people I have been surrounding myself with lately. Lying is an art that not everyone can master so stick to your day job kiddie!

Comments

Don said…
funny post. my grandmother said "tell the truth, and shame the devil."

Who are you scared of anyway?
aint that the truth. i always wonder what is it that people who lie are afraid of. definitely speak the truth - it's not good or bad; it's just the truth.
Tyno92 said…
What's the difference between a liar and a procrastinator? Remember, the truth hurts...but it will definitely set you FREE!

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health