You know you triflin' when...

Isn't it funny how we can talk about drug dealers and hustlers like dogs, how they set the standard for wrong doings and should be looked down upon... well then you know you trifling when a drug dealer/hustler does something positive and you don't.

I was being treated to breakfast the other day and the nice young man that I was with opened the door for me, gave me his drink, let me eat his pancakes and my french toast and even stopped cutting his food to let me cut my food (because he's a lefty and I'm a righty so we kept bumping into each other). But this trifling fool walked away from the counter to pay an $18 bill with a $20 and put the change in his pocket. I grabbed his arm thinking he forgot and said you didn't leave a tip. He said "what, man come on... I don't leave tips" and left me standing by the register with my chin on the floor as he walked out the door.

Huh? You don't leave tips? Who are you?

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because the lady wasn't the nicest BUT she served us so she deserves to get paid for her service. The drug dealers/hustlers who were eating three spaces over from us left the lady $5 and $10 dollars a piece and our triflin' tails didn't leave her anything!

Revert back to how my family told me to never leave the house without any cash on my person because I didn't have a penny to the first to leave that lady and they didn't take debit or credit so all I could do was pout. I argued with him for four blocks about how wrong he was and how mad I was that he would not go back and leave her a tip. 

It really made me look at him in a different light because even the lowliest of the low (the drug dealers/hustlers) left a tip. And as much as I hate when my people make the wrong choices in life and get rich off of making others poor... maybe those are the type of men I need to be with because they won't mind dropping a $5 tip on a $5 meal unlike the triflin toddler I went to breakfast with. All that for $2? I mean really... how trifling can one be?

Comments

Don said…
Funny post. And I think it goes back to the "reality" of this world. I always leave tips. Maybe your dissatisfaction with your dude will cause him to rethink his strategy. You were so mad. lol.
It better make him rethink something... and yeah I was mad lol

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health