How I imagine


I imagine my future, as a grand one.
One with no snot nose kids or ruthless neighbors.

When I see myself, I am prancing down the street in a business skirt and some BAD pumps.
And when I say BAD I mean BAD meaning good not BAD meaning bad. Sometimes I am on a cell phone and other times I am crossing the street and all I can see is a side profile of my black rimmed glasses and my hair in a bun.

I envision being in a busy city, work related to journalism and pay being similar to now... livable.
I never see rich and famous but definitely radiant and fabulous.

I see me then, very similar to the way I see me now, except I am much more confident and humorously inches taller.

(I gasp as I realize this) I am my mother!
In my dreams I am my mother, a beautiful light skinned, (even though I am more on the caramel side) working women with long legs and a look of determination. Funny how I used to hate her, and now I wanna be her. This could've been a belated mother's day attribute but my mother doesn't celebrate holidays so this is for her, not on mother's day, but on a day like today, or any day when I can't see her in person.

I see her in my dreams, or the she that is actually me.
How I imagine.

Comments

Don said…
i noticed the grown woman in you the first time i came across your blog. so if you are your mother, then props to the both of you.

always enjoy your reads. so journalistic.

BAD pumps. fo' real though. ALL your pics - i say, "aerialm is rocking the hell out of those shoes." lol.

bloggers are sleeping on you HARD.
i imagine a bun would be very appealing with your smile and facila structure, bad, bad as in good i mean
Thank you Don, I enjoy your page and your comments on my page. And do you really say that because I am a true shoe fanatic so my hard work is paying off.

Well Torrance you are definitely making me want to get a bun next hair appointment... I haven't had one in years!
Anonymous said…
How sweet, that brought a tear to my eye!

A mother's dream is that their daughters will look up to them with love and admiration and try to be them when they grow up. I just hated that you had to wait until you where grown(lol)but no matter the love has always been their. I have always told you that you were a beautiful and talented young lady who could do anything you put your mind too and that still holds true.

Thank you for the lovely tribute.
Thank you Mother and you're welcome.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health