Inspirational

I have this friend who broke his neck to get an expensive tickets to attend the Kanye West "Glow in the Dark" Concert last weekend. And as a result of such a wonderful concert, I rode four and a half hours with him only to get a scene by scene play list, a guest list of other entertainers who performed, a monologue of the two white boys sitting next to him and multiple references to this little book that Kanye wrote. 

So if you are not getting my drift, the man is obsessed with Kanye! I mean he said he was a huge fan before but now he is his biggest fan and nothing else can grace his brain now that he has witnessed the best performance "in the world." 

But even beyond my eye rolling and constant temptation to jump out the window I began to appreciate what my friend was saying about Kanye and as I was instructed to read the little book written by Kanye, I began to appreciate music and life as Kanye sees it and it is honestly a beautiful thing. 

To be that in love with something can either make you really crazy or really passionate and my friend is in the middle (leaning on crazy) but he does a great job of radiating the passion that Kanye has and transferring it to others. 

I had another friend who loved Kanye when he first came out and this friend was the first person to ever teach me how to listen to beats... I remember it like yesterday, it was so breath taking.  Learning to hear the beat that the music is really falling on rather than the beat that you would have thought the music was falling on, priceless. 

Both of my friends are very talented, the first is an entertainer, a spectacular dancer who is yet to have his big break yet and the second, a very talented music producer and decent lyricist. Neither of them doing what they should be doing right now but I know that if they continue to be guided by someone so great (Kanye) that they will sooner than later be in a position where they are too "living the good life."

So I thank Kanye for inspiring my friends who most definitely inspire me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health