Donell Jones - Where I wanna be

Blog Family, I have made my move!

I now reside in Georgia and I believe that this is where I wanna be. Anyplace different from where I used to be, is where I would have wanted to be. I thought that Georgia would be like Chicago but its not... and that's not a bad thing at all.

I didn't know where I would be going, just three months ago, but I knew I wanted to be in a place surrounded by people that look just like me. I say that because, as some of you might know, I'm very "pro-black" and the sight of African American men and women excite me. I guess spending an entire summer in African American-less Green Bay Wisconsin didn't help much either. But don't get me wrong people, I enjoyed my time in Green Bay. I learned a lot of valuable lessons and I met a lot of wonderful people who have definitely impacted my life... but the lack of color really made me realize how much I love my people.

I didn't know where I would be working, just three months ago and I don't know where I'll be working now. But the fact is, no matter where I choose a job I know that I will take the most I can from that job while giving the most that I can to that job. I have experience in writing, editing and design but most of all I have passion and push that won't let me get ran over and lost in the crowd of recent graduates that may look and sound, but are nothing like me. 

I didn't know where my money would be spent, how far my dollars would reach but they have been used for some very important things and I would not have spent them any differently if I were to do it all over again. I think that a major part of growing up is accepting reality and never regretting a thing. True, money doesn't grow on trees but being the only non-parent to buy my Cousin and Brother something at their trunk party was worth spending "moving money" on. Even if their gifts were some deodorant, a dictionary and dry erase board...

I didn't know where my sometimey car would take me honestly, but I made it. I most definitely drove seven and a half hours by myself with a sometimey car because I was determined. I was determined to change the outcome of so many recent grads now living on their parent's couch, I was determined to make it... even if my car failed to and I was determined to be able to say that I am still determined. 

I am where I want to be in life, in looks, in love, in lust, in line, to my ladder of success. Yes!

Comments

Don said…
You are definitely determined to make it. I wish you well, and i think you will be just fine. I coudn't imagine you being anything other.

I miss Georgia, but I could never return to Stone Mountain and actually take up residence again. I think my stop ends somewhere in New Jersey. A little closer to Manhattan if I can get some real money.

Anyways, keep climbing that ladder of success and reaching for the clear blue skies, Aerial. Damn, come to think of it - you have the perfect name. LOL.
Tyno92 said…
You are destined for greatness and your name says it all. I all the faith in the world to know you will accomplish your dreams and because of your determination, nothing will ever stop you. Keep flying and reaching for the stars "Aerial"!
Don- Duh I have the perfect name, I'm perfect. j/k thank you for the comment. How long did you reside in Georgia?

Tyno- Thank you maam, everybody can't be like you, in the newspapers and such but we can "walk in the light" of you. Thanks for the push.
Don said…
You're welcome, and seven years.
Unknown said…
Welcome to GA! And good luck!
Thank you very much Ms. Moody

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health