Shaggy- It wasn't me

Why do people blame the media for all the wrong doing in the world?
I didn't know that the television raised your child, told them to have premarital sex, wear baggy clothes and where to buy the nearest pistol.
I didn't know that.
I didn't know that the radio taught them derogatory terminology, ghetto tendencies or how to pop lock it drop it.
Man I did not know that.
I didn't know the magazines made them dress like prostitutes to show all their goodies while giving instructions on how to insert weave and leave their snot nose children at their mother's house.

Was it just me who thought that parents' raised children and the things that are portrayed in the media are just that... a portrayal: the act or process of depicting; a representation or description of what is going on in the world today.
Media representatives are showing you what is being done, not showing you what is to do. And if one is highly influenced by the material being shown, that means that the parents are not influential enough because their child let a portrayal become a tutorial.

With me being a member of the media, I take strong offense to people who blame the media for the crime, misfortune and misdirection of the world. Someone has to be doing it already for the media to have the knowledge. Someone had to be wearing baggy pants for me to record them, put them on the television for your child to see. So the media is simply informing your child that this is happening around them, their duty should have been to take that information and spread it to his or her peers. Instead they supposedly see it and do it and now the media is to blame.

Umm, don't blame me for doing my job, blame yourself for not doing yours. Because I'm with Shaggy on this one: It wasn't me!

Comments

its not the media, but men, and women who feel that that is what they are, groupie, hip hot artist chasers whos worth to them is how the look and between their legs - oh and loot
Don said…
Someone has to be doing it already for the media to have the knowledge.

*standing ovation*

I finally found my post to tag as post of the week on my blog. Enjoyed the read, and took in the truth.
RunGirl. said…
Amen!! Especially @ "I didn't know the magazines made them dress like prostitutes"

Are these little girls making their own clothes? If not, someone has to be buying them. Definately can't blame the media for you coming out of your pocket to buy your 10 year old daughter a mini skirt and some heels...
Torrance: Yeah I'm seriously noticing that being in a place full of celebrities. I went to a club and all they did was stand around looking cute until a celebrity came in then they all wanted to be seen. Where I come from, you dance in the club, enjoy yourself not look for the first way to come up on somebody else's fame.

Don: Thank you, I am very honored.

RunGirl: Welcome lady, believe it or not some kids do make their own clothes and steal from their mothers purse to buy that too little skirt but when it's all said and done who do you think they blame?Everyone but themselves.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health