When my pillow smells of you

Hey Beautiful People,
I hope all has been well, sorry that I have been a blog slacker. I have been writing though, just not here. I decided to give you a little something that I wrote a while back when I was having trouble sleeping. A quick little "love poem" if you will... enjoy. 


i sniff  i sigh  i smile 
as i see you sleeping 
oh-so gently in my borrowed twin sized bed
damn i need to get my bed outta storage, 
then we could sleep together 
because now i just let you sleep.
i’ve stayed up all night rubbing you 
just so i wouldn’t wake you when you slept 
oh-so gently in my borrowed twin size bed.
when you pushed me clean off one time 
i just curled up on the floor and watched you sleep 
oh-so gently in my borrowed twin size bed.
you freaked out when i told you how cute you looked asleep
said “what the hell girl don’t be watching me” 
but it is then when i collect pictures
the pictures of you that play in my head when i am sniffing  sighing  smiling, 
remembering you sleeping
oh-so gently in my borrowed twin size bed.
i remember what you had in your pockets
the Stacey Adams stitch on your socks
it’s the
pimple on your temple that was bleeding nonstop

i see it  i feel it  i love it when my pillow smells of you.

020409 2am

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health