Insomnia

*I can't sleep
Scenes are playing in my head
STOP before it gets too deep
I wanna go to bed*

I'm thinking random thoughts...
This usually happens when I don't have to work in the morning but for some strange reason I keep having this dream (nightmare) that I do have to work. Maybe I just looked at the schedule wrong. "The Queen" (what my friend and I call my mean boss) will call me and say where are you... and what schedule were you looking at because the one I'm looking at says you were supposed to be here at 10 with me." Why is she in my dream anyway? That alone should make it a nightmare.

I dreamed of me taking my newborn sister (side note: is a two month old still a newborn?) to the family reunion in Columbus Ohio next weekend then telling my darling little cousins who we call Three the Hard Way not to break her because we can't replace her and her mother would low key attempt to kill me if anything happened to her. Then I thought of her crying AYE ESS ESS on the airplane and people saying awww look at the precious child, is she your daughter and me saying NO MAAM!

Random thoughts like when is a good day to ditch... my boyfriend said we should ditch work and go to Six Flags Over Georgia. I can't wait.

*I want to go to bed!
I scream
But my mind won't let me
Scenes are playing in my head
My eyelids are the projection screen
to a film I really don't wanna see*

Boyfriend... oh I had another boyfriend and he was supposed to come visit me Friday night but I haven't heard from him since Friday around 7pm. I was angry because he made me cancel a perfectly good date with another hottie only so he could stand me up, but since I haven't heard from him in 72 hours I think I should give it up and assume he has dumped me or someone has dumped him on the side of the road. I will watch the news tomorrow for any leads on a black sedan on the shoulder of Highway 75. My roommate says he will call in a couple of days like nothing ever happened.

I remember when I used to read the tan encyclopedia books in grammar school, The dictionary in high school and the A.P. Style Book in college. Man I used to love reading, learning. Where did my passion for knowledge go? If it was in my sleep, I'd never find it...

*Eyelids heavy
Can't find the path to sleep
The dog next door that sounds like a cow
is not helping for this insomniac
Sleep, rush, break the levee
Run, skip, hop, leap
Get to me now
(as I yawn) Good job, I'm on my way, I guess all I needed was my Mac*

If you're a PC you might not feel this entry, Macs rule!
Goodnight

Comments

I read about insomnia, because I too have a problem sleeping. Your body naturally needs rest, so it will take it when it needs to. If you're sleepy and your mind is racing, try counting backwards from 300 by 3s. . . You know 300, 297, 294. . . (it helps me, I never make it to zero) If you're just not that damn sleepy but you should be, read a book or do something relaxing. There's no point of tossing and turning all night: NO FUN. . . And LOL @ Queen!!!
Mr. you're an insomniac because you're on the grind. You're too busy working or thinking about working to sleep. It's interesting because I write the most when I am sleepy and my mind is racing. Thanks for the counting trick, I doubt if I ever do it because I would be thinking too much (journalists are bad with math).

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health