To be or not to be

So my roomie and I were having a conversation a little while ago about when is the best time to show your man the real you.

If you have a new guy, I strongly feel as if you should do what he likes in the beginning: Wear your hair down if he prefers it long, silky and smooth or wear your glasses instead of your contacts if he likes the nerd look. Then once the two of you are super comfortable with expressing each others differences you can begin to merge what you like into play.

Experience has showed me that the more you open your eyes to things outside of your normal, the more diverse you become. You may have always thought you looked hideous with a side pony but with the right encouragement from him, you stay rocking that side pony and getting mad play. Once you two begin liking the same things you can spring something new on him and make him realize how important is is for him to be open minded just as you were with his requests. It's a win win situation.

My roomie thinks otherwise. She believes that women should be themselves in the beginning. She said you should be you, then as the two of you become closer you should progressively do the things he likes because now he has earned it... or something like that.

What do you think?

Well of course I slightly agree with my roomie but I think I like my perspective better only because I am a giver. I reel the men in with my caring, giving, loving attitude then surprise! after you have fell in love with me I show the real "Bee Eye Tee See 8ch." I mean only a crazy person would love the real me off bat. Trust me, I have tried to be the "B" me but most men can't take a smart mouthed woman so I stick to the "yes darling, whatever you say darling" attitude until he's all buttered up and suckered in then the "what did I say? I know I said this because I was standing there when I said it."

Am I like a spider? Opinions?

Comments

Don said…
i understand your line of thought, i most definitely see the reasoning. but i have to agree with your roommate - a woman should always be themselves. i think it works better for her and the man.
Yea you guys may be right but what if you're like me, a person who hates one thing until I do then I like it. I would have to try it first but the only person who could really make me do that is my parents or my man.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health