Friends, How many of us have them?


Good friends are hard to come by.

Today Lisa, my roommate of three years and friend of seven years threw a Meet Mallory party since I was not able to have my baby showers because of my daughter's persistence to enter the world early. I had not even thought to do anything since the cancellation of my baby shower because I have been so enthralled in getting settled and making sure my daughter is okay with the new move. But that didn't stop Lisa from having something for us. Wasn't that sweet of her?

Good friends are really hard to come by and I am so blessed to have a friend like Lisa because only Lord knows where I would be without her. Lisa's boyfriend is a blessing as well, he is always willing to help out and he keeps a smile on Mallory's face and a laugh on my lips. Lisa's son, who is my Godson is my breath of fresh air when Mallory takes me down with her endless cries. I thank my extended family for the continuous love shown to Mallory and I.

You can't find friends like her I tell ya, shucks you can barely find family like her. My own Father whom she called over and over, did not show up to the party for whatever reasons and he lives 30 minutes away! But I said that my New Years resolution was not to worry about grown folks so hey... it's their lost not ours, Mallory and I will be alright, in large part to my wonderful friend Lisa. Thank you.

Comments

Lisa said…
Dang, we have been friends a long time! No problem girl! Its a blessing having you and Mallory around when the boys drive me crazy!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tunnel Vision

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

In Thickness and in Health