Teenagers

So I have a teenage sister and to be frank, she isn't the sharpest crayon in the box. I'm actually starting to think that all children her age are that dumb though, just look at her friends comments on her facebook page. Yea and about that facebook page, which I doubt VERY seriously my mother knows about because she is oh so protective; my fool sister is on there leaving her texting number on people's general page!

What's a texting number you ask? Well she does not have a phone yet but she has an iPod and she is able to text on that. So I texted her around 10:30pm and said "Go to sleep!" She replied, "????? Who is this" so I decided to play a game to see if she is as gullible as I think she is. I said "Who is this?????" She surprisingly said "... U txted me lol." Good job little sister. So I kick it up a notch and said "Yea but the person I texted should know who I am so maybe this isn't who I think it is. So who are you?"

Guess what this child said.
Yep, you guessed it.
"Lol I'm amber... Who r u?"

FAIL. How could she be so dumb yall? That's the oldest trick in the book, well at least it is for a person who loves to snoop. I reply "No you're a fool. This is your sister 1) Stop giving your number out on the Internet because it's dangerous. 2) Don't tell people who you are! Especially if they texted you! If they don't know then they shouldn't know." I added a third but that's neither here nor there. She replied "Ahhahahahahahhhahahaha Ur stupid lol!!!" Which leads me to my next observation about teenagers these days.

Everything is a joke. lol, lmao, lbs, lbVs. Shut yo laughing tail up and pay attention to what's going on around you child. I love her to pieces but man, was I that clueless when I was her age?

Comments

Meka said…
Yes, Ma'am you were! You had many niave moments and Ashley oops I mean Aerial you were always laughing at something. If no one else was laughing you would laugh harder and louder. :)

Amber will mature at some point because life gives many lessons and she won't be able to run from them.

Anywho I enjoyed reading your blogs.
Lol well thanks for filling me in because I don't remember those days. I know I was silly... as I still am but I don't think I was that naive. Anywho thanks for reading and commenting girly.
Tiffany said…
It's pretty scary when I have conversations with kids nowadays I just shake my head.

Popular posts from this blog

Tunnel Vision

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

In Thickness and in Health