Caught in the web

I need to get back to reading books!

My best friend Cergio has been reading the Harry Potter books for the past 17 months now. Go ahead and laugh, I sure do, but actually the fact that he is carrying around a paperback book on his own free will is very commendable. I was in his car a couple of months ago and I saw it. It made me envious, I used to read books. Who knows when was the last time I sat and read a paperback book.

It's so easy to be caught in the distractions of the many websites once you get on a computer or swayed by the tablet era to download the book on your ipad but my best friend is doing a good dead. He is a Dean at a grade school so him carrying that paperback book could encourage his kids to grab one and be just like him. While we're at it, lets get back to hand written letters and face to face conversations. There so many places we can go from here and it all starts with the good ole black and white, hold the paper cuts.

Comments

Don said…
I love a good book, it almost looks as if I am a book collector. My daughter visits bookstores and usually calls and ask if there any I need her to pick up for me, so she doesn't make it any better.

Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade has a book on the shelves entitled A Father First, it's a very good read. I was very impressed.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health