Parental Control

How many of you are still afraid of your parents? More specifically your mothers?
Well I am. Very afraid of my mother, what she will say and especially what she would do if I were to do certain things that I know she is against. 

One of those things at the top of her list is, sleeping in the same room, bed, sniffing distance of my boyfriend. I had this conversation a while ago with my roommate and I have had it plenty of times with my daughters father. This is so written in stone, it's not even a thought in my mind to question the authority of the lady no matter what the situation, who the boyfriend. If we are not married, it won't be happening. Shucks, I'm scared to even ask about sleeping in the same bed as my husband while in her house, she'd probably still say no!

My roommate, along with many others, thinks it should be okay if you already have a child together. She said, "we're not going to do anything with our son in between us." My daughter's father feels that we are grown so we should be able to do whatever we want to do... he curses his mother by the way so his perception of life is all effed up.

I believe that we should respect our parents, respect their wishes and their rules no matter the age. I feel this way whole heartedly because I have a daughter now and I would not want her to disrespect me or my household. I don't even want to think about my baby girl having sex... it pains my heart and I can just imagine that is how my mother feels. When we come home to visit, she envisions us as her little girls, running around in the backyard or even worse, laying in her arms. I want to keep that image in her head, never swapping it out just to please the new fling we met at Starbucks. Lets keep it clean, for mommy's sake.

Comments

Don said…
Hahahahaha. I can't really say I'm afraid of my mother, yet I strongly dislike when she goes on tangents compiling or, as she say, explaining what I could've done differently ...

You're a good daughter birthed to a good mom.

Me, I wasn't raised right. Lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health