Disconnected

I just got off the phone talking about my 17 year old brother and 18 year old sister who I absolutely love to pieces but am sad to say how I really don't have a strong relationship with either of them. I think that it is very important that the youth have a positive role model, someone close to them in age, someone they can trust but I must not think too highly of it if I am not helping my own.

It's funny how I mentor students that I go to school with and am a role model to my seven year old cousin Destiny but fail to connect with my own sister and brother. My cousin Syreeta was a great role model to me when I was a teenager, and still is even with three snot nose kids she can do no wrong in my eyes. I don't think I could have grown up without her but my sister and brother barely know what I look or sound like anymore. Big ups to the tmobile sidekick because our relationships are "smply a txt msg awy frm b n"... extinct.  

Charse always said that I treat complete strangers better than I treat the ones I love and I always blew him off (well because he's Charse) but now I'm starting to see what he was saying. It's funny how you can say "I love you" to random boys and close female friends but you never say it to your family - the people who really love you... or is it just me?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great evaluation of yourself. They say great people looks within.
amandam

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health