My Daddy always said...

Okay beautiful people, today's word is trifling.

Do you have a trifling family member, co-worker, friend or ex-friend for that matter because one can only take so much trife in their life. You know that kind of trifling where you vow to never talk to someone again because they trife and you know they always will be. That kind of trifling when you have loaned till you can't loan no more and this time all you can offer is a hug and a prayer. Just a person so disgustingly trifling, you can't be around them for too long for fear off their trife rubbing off on you.

Well I know a person like that too. Coincidentally this same person gave me life.

There are many words that one could use to describe their Daddy but Webster couldn't create a better word for mine. His trifling ways have taught me that growing older does not always mean growing up.

While grooming my Daddy says things like "I'm cleaner than the board of health" and "Clorox ain't got nothing on me" or his most known reference to someone throwing up because the waves in his hair made them sea sick.

But in the midst of his trifling and childish ways, my Daddy has taught me more than any book could, he taught me life skills that made me the woman I am today. He always said don't *67 your last call because that's thirsty. Some of you youngins may not know what *67 is because no one owns a house phone anymore so in your case don't call a number back that you don't know especially if they didn't leave a message. He said if the boy really wanted to talk to you he would have left a message, but he probably wanted to test you and you fail as soon as you *67 asking "Did somebody just call this number."

My Daddy always said that girls live a fairy tale life, dreaming big dreams and happily ever afters, while boys live for the day, which is why they are ultimately better at relationships because they see the situation for what it is. Maybe that's why I'm so mean to boys Mom... because my Daddy taught me to think like one.

My Daddy always said that I was his favorite daughter, which I can believe because I'm his only daughter, but little does he know, no matter how trifling, irresponsible, unreliable and unbelievable he may be at times, he is still my favorite Daddy. So this one's for you trifling!

Comments

Amanda said…
Don't you Ever write about me! How can you call your father trifling? But in all fairness I must agree to your facts.
lol that is his name... whenever he calls i answer by saying hey trifling so trust me he knows
Don said…
Interesting post. Being honest, I think your dad made a valuable point when he said...a woman's life is love, and a man's love is life.

Trust me, he didn't tell you anything wrong.

Even if you do think he's trifling...lol
Tyno92 said…
I love those who keep it real! We all agree no doubt. Good thing tho you know he's trife, we know he's trife and the best part is he knows. Funny thing is we have all done some trife in our life on the DL but your dad my brother keeps his out in the open. That could be good or bad depends on which way the wind blows.

Love ya smiley keep on blogging. I do enoy reading them before I got to bed.
Don, thanks for the comment. I have no doubt that my Daddy told me good info, he's a very smart guy!

And Auntie thanks for being an avid supporter, love you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health