Smell the stupidity

Hello beautiful people, how was your All Star Sunday? Good I hope, mine got me thinking about how talented and smart athletes are to use what they got to get what they want. I mean as soon as I find out what my talent is I'm going straight to the bank! Some people just have that effect on you where when you see them doing good, you smile and commend them on a job well done and wish that you could be as successful. Well most of us do... others dwell on their misfortunes and prey on you when you're weak so they can kick you while you down. Some call them haters, I simply call them stupid.

Now stupidity can go a long way, but during my college years, it seems as if stupidity stopped and made Carbondale it's new home. Carbondale is close to being the southernmost city in Illinois, home of the Salukis and birthplace of "Kill Yo Self," a term that has paved it's way to the heart of my nerves. Some stupid little girl came up with this stupid little idea of getting back at people who made her mad by putting them in this stupid little note that she called "The Kill Yo Self List."

Although this is about a year old and I was never mentioned on the list, it just makes my butt itch (one of my mothers' sayings) when stupid people try to turn something negative into positively comedic. On any given day your ear can catch about six or seven clever ways that people find for you to "Kill Yo Self," as if the task being asked is sooo unimaginable.

People are killing themselves everyday... how is that funny. Death is not funny! If so why are people crying in today's news of the recent NIU shootings, yesterday's news of the Virginia Tech shootings and yesteryears news of the Columbine shootings. These students shooters are killings themselves only after killing others. 

Being a student today is hard. We come to college to get smarter and it seems like we are only getting stupidER. What will it take for SIU to wake up and smell the stupidity?

Comments

Eric H said…
I really enjoyed your articles and comments, lets see whats next!
Thanks, new post coming soon.
Anonymous said…
Well honey love comes in all forms. You make it seems as if you still can't try to build a strong relationship with them. Don't give up!
amandam

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health