December 18



Today is my home girl Shana's birthday. Two years ago today I was on my first date with this little light skinned number that I now call my boyfriend.

Two years and two days ago I met my him in the club. The day that I consider to be our anniversary. And although we neither celebrate or even acknowledge the day, we were together for it this year. I remember it as if it were yesterday...

I had taken Shana out for her birthday, both of us still fairly new to Atlanta. Took her to Pearl Bistro and Bar for two dollar Tuesdays. I saw this yellow boy in VIP. He had a colorful plaid shirt and he seemed very reserved compared to his counterparts who were standing on sofas and what not. The trickery I tell you. Because he is definitely the bad seed of that bunch...

Now two years later we have a beautiful baby girl. Even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. So I owe Shana, even though I was the driver that night, she was clearly the reason for the outing and the reason that I have this little person currently yelling my ear off as she is fighting her much needed sleep.

Thanks Shane and Happy Birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health