A new generation

It is mildly disturbing to witness my Mother's interaction with my younger siblings. She was so hard on my sister and I when we were growing up and now she is soooo casual with these two. I mean on one hand I am proud of her for allowing herself to loosen up and be both a friend and a mother but on the other hand, in this year of 2012, you can't be too loosey goosey on these heathens because children are messy.

I don't know, maybe I'm low-key jealous because they have such a good relationship. Or maybe I fear that my Mother's kindness is being taken for a weakness when I hear her telling them to do things and them ignoring her. I honestly take it as a form of disrespect and my poor mother, she doesn't even go back and forth with them, she's so worn out.

But these kids must stay in line because without guidance, discipline and structure my little teenage sister who looks the same age as me will be in the same boat as me sooner than she should, if you know what I mean and I know you do. Let's pray for the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health