Pressure

I have this friend. This really handsome, hard working, fun, generous and did I say handsome friend who I always thought was obsessed with being in a relationship.
What's wrong with that you ask? What's wrong with me?
That's what we want right ladies? That's who we dream of, right? The kind that is ready to settle down and be a family man, providing and protecting his own right?

No. Actually, we don't.
Not when we have just graduated college, moved to a big city, left a trying relationship and declared our self single and ready to mingle. Who wants to be tied down to anyone then? 
We don't realize that we are ready to settle down with this kind of man until this kind of man is nowhere to be found.
Now we're stuck with the good for nothing, faux pimp and player types that can't do nothing but buy you a stick of bubble gum and send you on your way... Oh, they all outta bubblicious?
Well I'll be got damned.
Now we are in searching in broad daylight with a fully charged flashlight for the one that got away.
What tree did he fall from anyway?

Well my girl called me today and told me that this really handsome, hard working, fun, generous and did I say handsome friend, is now expecting a child. I told her to shut the front door, slam it in my face and throw away the key.
Smdh.
I am shaking my head for many a reasons, but I will start with the obvious: jealously.
Got dammit, that girl just came up! There is no way her child will need for anything. This man is a workoholic and he has been dying to have a child for the past three years. This should be the easiest pregnancy of her lifetime.
Stinking lucky broad.
Why didn't I date him again?

I say this a lot of times and I truly, truly mean it. Some people are better off as friends.
There is no doubt that I envy this girl and her situation but in reality she is no different than me. In a year all she will be is a cute girl with a cute kid if she doesn't open her eyes and force him to marry her before the kid gets here. No matter how good the man seems to be, he ain't that good until he's yours and only yours.

I loved his company, as a friend, but anything more than that, I just couldn't do because it just didn't feel right. You can't force love. Not that kind of love. You want to find that person that your heart can't beat without, that your breath quickens because of, your smile forms automatically at the mention of their name. No matter how handsome, how hard working, how fun, how generous... you can't buy, pressure, duplicate or manipulate love.

Comments

Unknown said…
This is very well put. Perfect. We all can testify.. everyone except the faux pimps. LOL. Sad but very true. And about the bubblegum: those jerks bite off half before they give it to you. Lol
Mckyle you had me cracking up. Thanks for reading. Thanks for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health