Casette tape diaries

Remember when we were younger?
When we would find one of our mother's old casette tapes to record over with the whole A side full of WGCI just so that we could learn our favorite songs.
We would rewind after ever couple of words so that we could write down the lyrics in our spiral notebook and study them all night.
We would go to school the next day swaping out versions of what we each heard.
I remember doing that process for three particular songs: We Can't Be Friends by Deborah Cox and R.L., All Cried Out by Allure featuring 112 and Hail Mary by 2PAC.
Don't laugh, you know those were the jams. I can't help but think about the good times I had sitting in front of my radio, enjoying life. My only care in the world was getting these lyrics right and learning this song. That was until my momma came in yelling because I recorded over her Prince tape. Uh oh.
The good old days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being an old souled Mother to this new generation of kids

Tunnel Vision

In Thickness and in Health